All customers, business acquaintances, and employees will herein be referred to as “customer” or “you”.
I. IDENTIFIED PURPOSES
Topsy Farms Ltd. will collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining a customer mailing list
- Processing and recording sales transactions
- Maintaining customer sales history for follow-up and guarantee purposes
- Notifying customers of certain products or services that may be of interest
- Maintaining employee data as required by Federal and Provincial Law; and
- Compiling statistics for our own record keeping.
It is important that you be aware of, and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Topsy Farms Ltd. for the previously mentioned purposes.
Unless otherwise informed by you, the customer, your consent is assumed based on the following actions:
- Your provision of information to us for the purpose of completing business transactions.
- Your express consent of acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal, or electronic exchange.
- Your consent as solicited by Topsy Farms Ltd. for a specified purpose.
This consent, given by you, the customer, may be withdrawn at any time.
III. LIMITING COLLECTION & RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Topsy Farms Ltd. will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for identified purposes. We will retain personal information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes.
Topsy Farms Ltd. will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the identified purposes.
Topsy Farms Ltd. will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of personal information.
VI. ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS & CUSTOMER ACCESS
VII. CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
If you are not satisfied with Topsy Farms Ltd.’s response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at http://www.privcom.gc.ca.