Would your family like to adopt a Lamb?
For $50 you can be a (virtual) foster lamb parent
The lamb will be born mid-May through early June. You will:
- Receive a birth announcement
- Name the lamb – we’ll use your chosen name from then on
- Receive a photo of the lamb so you could find yours in a group
- Learn all we know of its birthing history and reasons for needing to be fostered
- Be encouraged to come to the farm to help cuddle and bottle-feed during the time that it is here
- Learn about health care and needs of small lambs
After a week or so, most lambs ‘graduate’ to small farms where they join small free-range flocks.
• You’ll get a report of your lamb’s progress as it learns to become a sheep.
Please note you do NOT take your lamb home.
People who don’t want to adopt can reserve a time to visit. If you wish, subscribe to the mailing list for Family Events on any page of our website.
The males will live on pasture in their new homes for the summer then will go to market; the females will stay with the flock, bearing babies of their own for years to come.