Over 700 sheep will be lambing at Topsy Farms in May and early June – we often need to nurture lambs from multiple births. We call them our ‘fosters’.
May 13 – June 2, 2018, we invite visitors to nurture lambs – to cuddle & bottle feed.
Reserve a time on the schedule below. The fee is $20 for your family or car load, for about 25 minutes, with a staff person. Please indicate 1 for the group (not the number in the group). There are no double bookings except by prior arrangement. (email@example.com)
Time holding a baby lamb can be deeply healing as well as lots of fun.
Things to know before your visit:
- The ferry leaves the mainland hourly on the half hour and from the Island on the hour. The ferry fee for a carload is $9 (round trip). We suggest you car pool, parking at the mainland ferry dock.
- Please use the washrooms on the ferry
- People with special hearing or vision needs are welcome. This venue is physically accessible. Please contact us with details of special needs prior to your visit. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 389-3444.
- If you need to cancel your visit please let us know as soon as you know.
Children of any age are encouraged to nurture lambs. If you bring pets they must remain in cars.
- The Wool Shed will be open with all products found here and more besides
- check https://topsyfarms.com/events/visit-amherst-island
- There are sheep in our nearby fields birthing their lambs in May and June. You may watch but do not go in those fields.
- The Back Kitchen will be open
- Accommodation is available at The Lodge, Poplar Dell B&B (email@example.com)
- The Neilsons Store Museum and the Weasel and Easel will be open the hours listed.